Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Doubt thou the stars are fire"

Doubt Thou the Stars Are Fire

Doubt thou the stars are fire,
Doubt that the sun doth move,
Doubt truth to be a liar,
But never doubt I love.


Hamlet
Act II, Scene II



Ethan Hawke was the best Hamlet ever until last night.. I did the "to a nunnery" scene with a stranger in a back office and then we sat quietly and then we did the scene again in a dim room.. intense.. I'm reluctant to actually put a word on the feelings that scene with him provoked. i'd done the scene with others and only this one Hamlet made me true true Ophelia... hurt and attracted and trying to put the pieces of him back together and his hands on me I go over it again and again in the fog of a small space and in the clear light of day and imagine what it would be like to kiss the lips of my Hamlet for during that scene our hearts beat palpably as one and our clarity resounded... What haunts came to light in his eyes I saw with such pristine clarity and surprise he saw the the same haunts in mine.. startling... and maybe what touched me the most was not his hands though his hands did touch me perfectly as night touches the grass, what touched me most was what we saw and our reactions.. he saw all too clearly into my eyes and what he saw surprised him but didn't scare him and he drew me closer than any has dared and I did the same for him... him who? Was it him or was it Hamlet? Was it me or was it Ophelia? Was it real or was it the real God given spell power of Shakespeare? Both? I don't need to ask if he felt it too because I know right well he did... round and round... from 1980 to now from the bottom of the map to the top... "never doubt that I love"

ps

October horoscopes coming out sometime on Saturday or Sunday... how I love October my ghosts!