Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekly Fortunes


I'm not sure who took this photo of Andy and Edie. Just know that I didn't take it.

I haven't done an I-CHING style reading from a book for awhile. I decided to use THE PHILOSOPHY OF ANDY WARHOL (1975). All of the fortunes are Andy Warhol quotes from this book.


CAPRICORN
"At a certain point in my life... I began to feel that I was picking up problems from the people I knew... these problems of friends were spreading themselves onto me like germs."

AQUARIUS
"Rich people don't carry their money in wallets or Gucci this-es or Valentino thats. They carry their money in a business envelope."

PISCES
"I would spend all summer listening to the radio and lying in bed with my Charlie McCarthy doll and my un-cut-out cut-out paperdolls all over the spread and under the pillow."

ARIES
"I believe in blue jeans too."

TAURUS
"underwear power"

GEMINI
"I guess time is actually the best plot - the suspense of seeing if you'll remember."

CANCER
"I always think about the people who build buildings and then they're not around anymore. Or a movie with a crowd scene and everybody's dead. It's frightening."

LEO
"I also have to admit that I can't tolerate eating leftovers. Food is my great extravagance."

VIRGO
"Weight isn't important the way the magazines make you think it is. I know a girl who just looks at her face in the medicine cabinet mirror and never looks below her shoulders, and she's four hundred pounds but she doesn't see all that, she just sees a beautiful face and therefore she thinks she's a beauty. And therefore I think she's a beauty too, because I usually accept people on the basis of their self-images, because their self images have more to do with the way they think than their objective -images do. Maybe she is six hundred pounds, who knows. If she doesn't care, I don't."

LIBRA
"Everyday is a new day because I can't remember the day before."

SCORPIO
"I have a fantasy about money: I'm walking down the street and I hear somebody say - in a whisper - "There goes the richest person in the world."

SAGITTARIUS
"The smell of chocolate was driving me nuts but I didn't say a word. I didn't even sigh or moan. I just thought of my pimples and gall bladder and kept on walking."
SA